Ready, aim, FIRE!

Sparks, an MVP over at the JMTC forums, gave his advice on selling Arrowmakers:

"A note for the ammo market. Selling partial stacks works well because you're basically aiming for folks that are topping off their supplies, not looking to replace a full stack. The other classes do use ranged weapons for pulls, such as warriors, may not be inclined to buy 1,000 rounds as it's not likely they'd use 200 in a given period, much less 1,000. I sell 200 round stacks and am currently experimenting with 100 round stacks."

Personally I find that selling 200 at a time works amazingly well and allows you to charge slightly more per arrow or bullet than a full stack. Have you tried changing your stack sizes on engineering items such as bullets and arrows?

10 comments: on "Ready, aim, FIRE!"

  1. I've been selling the 1K stacks at a time, but Rorik at the WoW Street Journal recommended the 200 stack approach to me. I know selling smaller stacks has worked for me in the past for selling things like ore, so I'm sure there's a benefit in doing so. Overall I think it's good advice.

    I'm going to give it a go to see if the profit margin is better for ammo on my server if the stacks are broken down. Turnaround can be an issue, too.

  2. I've tried stacks of 500 and they usually sell 2 at a time but I can see the benifit in trying smaller stacks.

  3. Hey Markco --- Love your site... Just thought I'd let you in on a pretty neat blog, I see a lot of potential on this one. Check it out.

    http://wow-digest.blogspot.com/

  4. I do try to mix it up every now and then. I'll usually sell 1k stacks, but some people will try to undercut you by selling stacks of 200 a few gold higher than the equivalent 1k.

    At that point I'll just pop on 10 stacks of 200, with the price matching my 1k. That usually discourages it.

  5. Nice kihlahna, be sure to add your blog to the forum 'link love' section.

  6. You would quote the post I didn't properly proofread for grammar ;_;

  7. Don't worry sparks only 1119 readers via feeds and 3000 visitors saw it. LOL just playing it was a great post!

  8. If a player is using a ranged weapon to pull, why would they bother buying the best arrows money can buy, when all they really need are some vendor bullets? It's not like the initial shot is a huge percentage of their DPS/threat.

    More importantly, don't Warriors use Heroic Throw to pull and Rogues use Thrown weapons for Deadly Throw?

  9. Thats a good idea but considering I'm going engineer on my Hunter I'm pretty sure I won't be selling em xD

  10. @crimsona
    Heroic throw is a level 80 skill for warriors, so there is some use for a regular ranged weapon until then. Deadly Throw requires a rogue to have combo points and is generally more of a PvP talent. A good ranged shot is not only useful for pulling, but also for tagging runners.

    As for the ammo cost, yes. There certainly are cheaper ways to go for ammo. Level 1 ammo would work in that regard. Just remember that a lot of sales are made due to convenience, not practicality.

    Granted, every single one of my customers may have been hunters, but the reasoning for them to buy partial stacks remains the same. Costs and bag space.

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide