Exploring Old Markets



Early in Cataclysm, Jewelcrafting was my primary (really only) focus for making gold. Part of the reason for this is my limited amount of time I was willing to invest in the process. Because I like to do lots of other things in the game, I wasn't willing to sit and prospect, craft rings, disenchant, create scroll and post them. The process that we call "the shuffle." Or sit and mill herbs, create inks, craft glyphs and get into nasty undercutting wars. I valued my time more than that.

So what I did instead was look for smaller markets that weren't overcrowded and post there in addition to me Jewelcrafting business. At the time, these were mostly niche markets or "old" opportunities like Wrath-era markets. Well, as with all things, the "new" markets have become "old" again. With the drop off in subscriptions over the lat year, there's been a reduction in competition in some markets. Early movers who were willing to spend hours on end to be on top have tired and moved on or post with less frequency.

Case in point: I've been making good money on Mysterious Fortune Cards, something that was relatively cut-throat early in Cataclysm. It required lots of barking and re-posting to be the lowest (or at least 2nd or 3rd) and margins were thin. Now, however, there's virtually no competition. I mill herbs while waiting for my Looking For Raid queue to pop, post MFCs, bark once or twice and then run the raid.

So what markets are you able to test that you didn't want to try early in the expansion because of increased competition? Have you been back to see where those markets are at now? Is it time to get back in (or get in for the first time)?

It was about this time in the life cycle of Wrath that I started my journey to 1,000,000 gold. Cataclysm got me there. Maybe now is your time to start.

0 comments: on "Exploring Old Markets"

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide