You talk to much ... Losing the sale



Take the money and run.    One of many things that can be seen in sales on Warcraft.   

From time to time people will offer outrageous amounts of gold for a single item.   100g for a [Golden Draenite] to hundreds of gold to have an item crafted that they have to have right then and there.

Many times these requests are found in trade chat.   If the bounty to craft the item is to high,  there seems to be someone more than willing to point out that the item is not worth what they are offering to buy it for. As with noses,   everyone has an opinion on the worth of an item.

To be a goblin,  there is a balance between being ruthless,  and also understand the idea of good will.  One too many times taking advantage of an unsuspecting buyer,  you can end up with the reputation that will keep people from paying for your services.

Keeping an item within a reasonable level is a talent that many gold goblins tend to build with experience.  They understand the starting price for an item listed,  and do not post it up on the auction house for huge overinflated values.    Everyone wants a profit,  but an item that doesn't sell adds no profits into your coffers.

Most Warcraft players want to spend their gold.   Even with the multitude gold guides that are out in cyberspace,  and the popularity of tips and gold guides.   Most people do not understand how to earn gold in the game.   And saving enough to reach 100,000 or more gold seems to be a pipe dream.  They make the gold,  they want to buy items with the gold.

Repeat customers are the name of a good gold goblin rich and semi famous.   It's not just a matter of one sale that profits you 500g.  When your next 4 sales from the same person can profit you more,  plus they tell someone else to buy your items.   It's the same item that someone else might be selling,  but your reputation is behind every piece you sell.

Do not  lose a sale just because you have created a hole in your reputation you have to dig yourself out of.  Shut up and make the sale,  and keep your sales reputation intact.

Good luck and Good hunting.

Want to get in contact with me? . Email me at Dragonbearjoe @ gmail. dOT com or find me on twitter at  "@Dragonbearjoe" or leave a comment here.   You can find me hanging out on the Shandris Server,  chat me up and I will buy you a glass of juice.













  1. Lifedream of BlackDragonflight said... February 16, 2012 at 12:06 PM

    Hi guys, good topic today and I completely agree. I see this kind of thing frequently, almost daily. I have even received 'hate mail' for not gouging. Yes, I try to make a nice profit for each sale. But, I think asking 500% above the 'average' price is excessive. Plus, I think that those items excessivly overpriced (in most cases) will not sell. For example, on my server the price of righteous orbs and golden pearls is very volatile, they fluctuate greatly. I will frequently see them for 10-15G. An 'average' price would be around 35-40G. When I buy under 20 and sell over 40. When I am the only seller, I will ask, 75-80G. Many times I see lone sellers asking 175-200G. So, I 'undercut' (if you will) that 'excessive' pricing and make many nice sales this way. Also, I think that scribes are the worst offenders. Last week I went seeking a glyph. There were 3-4 listed at around 295. So, I checked The Undermine Journal and the cost of this particular glyph was about 3.5G. That's some markup. So, I asked on the trade channel and got a guy that origionally asked me for $70 (still a huge markup) and I talked with him a bit and got it down to $25. Then he noticed my toon was level 30'ish and gave me a second glyph for free. My point is those scribes asking 295G for their $3.50cost glyph did not get the sale.

    Also, I am a big fan of this blogs 'Five things you should be selling' series. Keep up the good work.

    Lifedream of Black Dragonflight

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide