BMAH Strikes Back


Mommar here.

It finally happened.  The day that I have been dreading since the mechanics of the Black Market Auction House was announced.

Let me give you a little back story    If you have read my writings you know that I've been playing World of Warcraft for over 7 years.   Ever since the introduction of Burning Crusades there was one mount that I learned about that made me drool over and over again.  

The Reins of the Raven Lord drops from Sethekk Halls in a special boss (in the beginning you had to carry a druid into your party that was going for their epic flying form or already had finished it).   In a later 4.01 patch the developers made this boss accessible by everyone.

I wanted this mount very badly.   It looked regal and screamed of awesome in every way.   And knowing how rare of a drop that the mount was made me want it even more.  So I grabbed every run I could,  if my guild said anything about running Sethekk Halls (or as I referred to it Sexy Halls) I was there.  Tanking or dps or carrying everyone's bags.

When the instance became solo-able I started running it ever day (Heroics had a one day lockout),  with many guildees noticing I was in Sexy Halls once again.  It became my ritual and even my addiction.   One time brought a friend in there to run it.   The day had come,  and I had my first chance at the mount I dreamed about.   Unfortunately I lost the roll to my friend.  

So my trek continued.  Day after day I lugged myself into Sethekk Halls because the mount would be mine.  O yes it would be mine.    After 256 attempts (yes,  I actually looked it up) the mount finally dropped.  I giggled like a madman,  learned the mount and then exited the instance for the last time.

It has been a tradition of mine that when I get a new shiny mount I will run semi nekkid through all the main cities.   Call it my own personal celebration of sorts.  I got whistles and cheers and even some flack from other players but I really didn't care.

So fast forward to today when on the Black Market Auction House I see Reins of the Raven Lord for sale.   The bid was low (15k to start) but still a little tinge of disappointment crossed my mind.   I've always been a strange duck when it comes to items.   I don't like to buy items that are still available if I have the patience and tenacity to obtain them on my own.   The journey to me is just as important as the destination.   But that does not remove the opportunity for others to have one of the most beautiful mounts in Warcraft at a price they are willing to pay.

At some point every Gold Goblin decides what something is valued to themselves.   Their personal trinkets that add up to enjoyment.   That favorite mount that allows them to strut to their next quest in style.  Or even their costume that brings out the pirate accent in their mind.   All players decide the value of something whether it's gold or hard work.   Both are enjoyable in their own way.

So next time you see me strutting around on my Raven Lord mount,   give a wave and a smile and then figure out which trinket you have that your willing to obtain in your own way.


Good Luck and Good Hunting

Want to get in contact with me? . Email me at Dragonbearjoe @ gmail. dOT com or find me on twitter at "@JMTCMommar" You can find me hanging out on the Shandris Server, chat me up and I will buy you a glass of juice. 

Previous Entries

Trick or Treat JMTC Style
Steel Negotiations
For Whom Does The Songbell Toll
To Level 90 and Beyond
Tales of a Gold Goblin Bully
Chess Pieces Taking The Field
When Numbers Lie
Arrow to the Knee
Must Have Farming Equipment
But How Much Is It?
You Just Can't Fix Stupid
Trick or Treat Time 
Can Pokewow be saved?




Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: on "BMAH Strikes Back"

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide