2011 Gold Making Horoscope

Green = Subscribers with a 5/10k Range | Blue = Feed Clicks with a 3/6k Range

Happy New Year everyone! I am extremely pleased to announce that 2011 is shaping up to be the biggest year for JMTC fans yet and I thought I'd take a moment to catch you all up to date with what's on the horizon.

  • Mageshadow has been doing an awesome job writing posts for JMTC, starting a new column, handling emails and getting in touch with you all through the IRC.
  • New subscribers have been pouring into the site, at an alarming rate of 30-100 per day. This means that JMTC will continue to have that fresh, vibrant feel which new readership brings to any blog throughout 2011. This trend started long before Cataclysm, but has continued to expand throughout the release of Blizzard's latest expansion. If you'd like to join my newsletter and receive my "7 Theories for Making Gold" then simply fill out the signup form at the end of any post.
  • JMTC's gold making forum has some new admins (AH Barons) and I will look to add several more as the year progresses to handle the surge in growth we've been experiencing recently. The forums have been buzzing with new Cataclysm information and discussions on making gold, especially the professions section.
  • The Gold Making Guide has surpassed all expectations with the recent updates for cataclysm (100% free for existing members of 20k leveling) and has far outdone any other guide on the market. In a month or so a new membership area will be added to the site which will make browsing the guide easier and more intuitive than the custom coded viewer I currently have in place today. Expect more innovative, fresh ideas to be delivered as I continue to write for the Cataclysm Gold Guide.
  • Many readers wanted to know why I hired Mageshadow and (besides focusing on adding to 20k Leveling) part of the reason was so that I could start another blog called The Traffic Blogger. The purpose of this new site is to assist webmasters in driving quality traffic to their websites and eventually make money online. With the addition of The Traffic Blogger's daily tips, many wow gold bloggers have taken snippets of my advice and improved both their content and their communities; which in turn benefits this site's readership as well through guest posts, better linked content and growing participation in the blogging carnivals. Several blogs have really done a nice job improving their sites to the point where they should eventually surface as new leaders in the community within the next six months. I am thrilled to see people succeeding in providing great content for you, the voracious readers of JMTC and many other sites. I am also excited to see that instead of JMTC inspiring blogs which eventually burn out (think of years past), by providing methods for these blogs to grow and succeed I expect to see a much higher survival rate amongst gold bloggers in the cataclysm niche. Some people still to this day tell me that I am 'helping competition' by supporting websites who target the same audiences as myself. It's not about me though, it's about providing great content to a community. If the information is on a 'competing site' I still will link to it because this game we bloggers play is not about who has the biggest ego, but rather who provides links to the best content regardless of its location. This is one of the core principles of blogging I focus on while writing for The Traffic Blogger.
  • Castaclysm will return as soon as Thunderer has re-entered the land of the 9-5 work force! This could happen as early as next week. I'm sure quite a few of you are waiting with great anticipation for this podcast to go back into weekly episodes. Believe me, we are chomping at the bit to get started again.

How have you enjoyed the expansion of the blog and its corresponding sites so far? Is there anything new you'd like to see in the form of features or postings? Let us know! You can even ask a gold guru for help if you need it!

Have a great weekend everyone. I'm excited to get back into the saddle and produce content for you in 2011.

Markco

PS: Take a look at some of the links at the top of the site, you'll find that they are quite useful if you haven't tried them out before!

0 comments: on "2011 Gold Making Horoscope"

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide