Ask A Gold Guru 1/21/11

Hello fellow guys & gals, welcome to another week of Ask a gold guru! It's been a long week and I've picked out, as usual, three reader e-mails & answers that are worthy of sharing with you guys, so let's get this started!

First off, we have a user Bags99 who is e-mailing me and Markco about the Podcast Call To Auction, he's asking me if I could do/host a new episode.
" Hey Magey, Just thought I would pass on an idea that might assist in improving your cred.


Kick Markco & Basil into gear & get them onto Skype for a half hour for a new Call To Auction.

I only heard that Jimm was otherwise engaged on tipoaa, so this would be a great time for you to step in for a quick guest hosting spot on CTA & for us all to get to know you a little better.

A quick TSM update (your writing it up anyway right) & even might be able to talk sapu into a guest spot. This addon looks like the addon to end all addons. Can't wait to be able to have a good look at it this weekend.
- Bags99 "

I answered bag99's e-mail with the following response:
"That's an awesome idea! I'd love to sit down and do one episode for you guys, I've been getting tons of e-mails about this, so maybe I can pull some strings and talk to Markco to see if he's up to it. I'll have to check, but if it doesn't go through, you will be able to listen to the JMTC Friday night meetings every Saturday morning. It's similar to Call to Auction, only with about 100 people talking & throwing up ideas on how to make gold.

As far as the Tradeskill master Guide, I'm working on it slowly. Like I said, It will be a 3 part mini series on how to properly use & maintain the addon. I will be focusing on glyphs for the most part as that's mostly what I use the addon for. If you haven't already, check out Zoxy's Compilation of his guides on TSM. "

Best of Luck,
Mageshadow

Next up we have another reader who is asking, how easy is it to get back into the economy after you've been gone?
"Hi Markco, I have been out of the game since about a month before cataclysm hit, I was taking a break until cataclysm but then things came up in life as they seem to do that have stopped me playing at all, i havnt even upgraded my account to cataclysm (currently downloading) i was wondering how easy it would be to get back into the economy now? I have your guide which looks good since the update although i have had little change to have a good look, I have about 16k left if i remember correctly is that enough to get me up and running again as looking as some youtube clips ores/gems etc are 300-700g and i saw you payed 60k for a mount is that 60 basically what 20k was like in WoTLK? "
Thanks
-  Ben

I answered Ben's e-mail with the following response:
" Getting back into the economy is honestly, not that hard. It does require you to study market slowly and carefully so you know what you're doing, but once you get the hang of it, it's actually really easy. Start by looking at 1 or two markets, don't try to do too much at once I.E. Try to Dive into the JC, Enchanting & LW market, that's far too much to start off with. I'd personally start off with the Obsidium Shuffle as it's always profitable. It's a great way to make 5k turn into 10-15k almost overnight.

As far as the mount goes, yeah it's the "chopper" of Cataclysm, it might be something that you'll want to save up to :) "

Best of luck,
Mageshadow

Last but not least, we have a troubled reader who is having a hard time buying and selling high ticket items, as he's a bit worried he'll buy it and it won't sell.
" Hi, Thank you for all the info you have been sending me. I am still having trouble making loads of gold, I cant seem to figure out the auction house. I would just like to know some of the items that sell the best on the AH and make the most gold. I just find myself skeptical when it comes to buying expensive things like a BoE epic for thousands of gold and then not have it sell and things like that. I guess if you could help me in this department that would be great. "

Thank you
Dan
  
I answered Dan's e-mail with the following response:
" Getting into the BOE market of buying and flipping can be a bit risky. I only take this risk if I know I'm getting a good deal, for example I bought an epic belt ( Stormleather Sash ) for 4,000g. I later resold that same belt for 14,000g I made 10,000 in a matter of 24 hours by simply buying the belt and reselling it.

Another thing is that I wouldn't jump into this market unless you have enough gold to do so. Don't dump all of your gold into 1 epic piece, as that is very, very risky. I'd buy one piece if you're above 50k, try to barter with the seller, maybe throw in a couple items to help reduce costs. You could pull the " Oh sorry I don't have enough, I only have XX gold, " where you offer 10-15% lower than what it's being sold for. It's a little goblin-ish technique, but it often works as the seller does not want to spend more time finding another person to buy the epic.

All in all, this is a great market to get into, I personally enjoy making such easy gold, but like I said it is a bit risky sometimes. "

Best of luck,
Mageshadow

That's it for this week folks! Keep sending me those " I need help " e-mails you might one of the lucky few that gets to be posted on the site for next weeks Ask a gold Guru!

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide