Tranquil Mechanical Gold

Guest Post by: Gold Queen
You can read similar articles at the Gold Queen's blog.

Tranquil Mechanical Yeti from Winterspring is one of the least known, rarest, and overlooked methods of making gold in World of Warcraft. As patch 4.2 has three new rewards for pet achievements of 100, 125 and 150 pets, demand for companion pets continues to grow, making the unusual small pets sought after by achievement hunters as well as the usual WoW pet collectors.
I just love the way the pet wiggles his little toes – cuuute!

The tranquil mechanical yeti used to be unique – i.e. the engineer could only make one at a time. This made it very expensive and rare in the Auction House, and is a memory that Vanilla players will still hold about the Yeti.

Players who started during the Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm now zoom through level 50-55, and have the option of levelling in Winterspring, Burning Steppes, Ungoro Crater, Swamp of Sorrows or cruising through dungeons with the dungeon finder. With the aggressive Timbermaw Furbolgs protecting the only entrance, it's easy to miss the treasures of Winterspring and forget about the tranquil mechanical yeti.

The Tranquil Mechanical Yeti pattern

Prequests to the pattern: Lilith the Lithe in Everlook and then Umi Rumplesnicker have the prequests which ask you to scare Umi's friend with an engineered yeti. Once completed, if you have engineering over 250 and are level 55+, Umi will start a quest which teaches you the schematic for the yeti.

Gather your Yeti Mats

Cured Rugged Hide, Thorium Widget, Globe of Water, Truesilver Transformer, Gold Power Core are all standard engineering mats, although you will need a leatherworker character or friend to make the Cured Rugged Hide if you find they are too expensive on the AH. It should cost under 200g to craft one yeti

Sell your Yeti

In pricing your yeti, be aware that maintaining the illusion of rarity will increase your profits and avoid purchase fatigue. You could aim for just under 1,000g at the weekends, and when the patch hits. 80% gross profit margin makes this very lucrative – double or triple the profit margin of cut rare gems.

If you find another gold maker on your realm selling too many of these or at too low a price, spoiling your market, you can consider controlling the essential material [Elemental Earth] and stopping the seller from crafting any more.

Similar Pets

Search AH now for rare pets such as whelplings, and hyacinth macaw to resell in patch 4.2. My new mini-guide to running a Warcraft Pet Shop lists all the engineering pets, places to find rare pets, and guides you through setting up a guild bank full of pets to sell.

20 comments: on "Tranquil Mechanical Gold"

  1. I would be doing everyone a great disservice if I didn't tell you all about:

    http://warcraftpets.com/

    There is ZERO need to buy a pets guide. Before you go and purchase any pets guide go to this website

    http://warcraftpets.com/

    It will have all the information on prices, locations and even additional tips from other gold makers that help you out.

    Here i've even done some legwork for additional posts about the Yeti pet that other bloggers have already done. It really took me 5 minutes to find all of this. Very little homework needed to be done on my part.

    Here is a post of the very same that was done over a YEAR ago.

    http://gnomishcoin.blogspot.com/2010/08/tranquil-mechanical-yeti-huge-profits.html

    This link has ALL this same information on it.Straight From WarcraftPets.com

    http://warcraftpets.com/wow.pets/mechanical/lifelike/tranquil_mechanical_yeti.asp?cat=28

    The Consortium

    http://consortium.stormspire.net/showthread.php?1187-Tranquil-Mechanical-Yeti-Now-Unlearnable

    There are really about 20 more posts and sites but I think I've gotten you all some much needed information.

  2. /sigh this has been on JMTC multiple times now.

    Sorry, but not that interesting of a post for this reason.

  3. @adam

    I find it quite hilarious that your putting another persons guide down when you support markco's.

    99% of any guide is freelly available on the internet the advantage to guides is having it all in one place and set out in easy to understand formats

  4. I think it just shows you how lame some products are...

    A pet guide? Is there really any need for this? That's like writing/selling a guide for flipping vendor recipes.

  5. Elemental Earth is maybe a little too easy to farm in Winterspring to actually prevent anyone from being in the market.

  6. Another great engineering pet for gold making is Lifelike Mechanical toad! A bit rare though.

    If someone wants to make gold selling pets but can't afford to buy the guide, a while ago I made a map of whole Azeroth that shows all pets on it.

  7. That's because markcos guide does not have a single, readily accessable website devoted entirely to his content.

    This pets guide is a BS excuse to prey on unknowing people and get $7.00 its absolutely BS. I have used Markcos guide and I have taught me tons of stuff that I have NEVER seen anywhere else.

  8. My Open Letter To Alyzande. THIS is why I decided to post the comment that I did.

    http://www.tweetdeck.com/twitter/dollada06/~zuT12

  9. @ Adam

    You must not be looking very hard. I've bought Markco's guide, and I'd say 95% of the content I have found on other sites. Sadly it hardly ever gets updated, and it's only the obvious stuff that you'd find right away in the first hour of the patch.

  10. "@ Adam

    You must not be looking very hard. I've bought Markco's guide, and I'd say 95% of the content I have found on other sites. Sadly it hardly ever gets updated, and it's only the obvious stuff that you'd find right away in the first hour of the patch."


    No I think what you interpreted isn't what I wrote--or I didn't write my point correctly.

    There is a large difference between Markcos guide and Alyzande pets guide. This is why.

    Alyzande Presents: A WarcraftPets.Com is a complilation of information of which she is charging for;however, warcraftpets.com is a website devoted to the exact same subject and it has every single pet already taken care of. All she is doing is giving the same information and charging for it. So she's effectively taken a free website and plucked its information and is now charging for it. On top of that--she is calling it her very own. She did no go through the game and personally visit every pet seller and document everything. She either searched it all from a database or pulled it from some other source.

    Now Markco's guide--I bought it over 3 years ago now and when I purchased it the information in it was hard to find anywhere else. Now over time sure the information has gotten out, but thats not the point I was initially trying to make. Markco isn't #1 pulling information from other websites and #2 he has always linked to his sources when he does utilize other information.

    Markco's information may be public at this point but there still isn't ONE website with the specific niche of covering ONLY the contents of his guide. Alyzande's pet guide is doing just that. WarcraftPets.Com is a FREE service that Alyzande has created a guide from and is now trying to get people to purchase it from her.


    Did I make my point more clearly now? Im tryin' to be as clear as possible but I understand that typing isn't the same as talking.

  11. I'm confused, wasn't this a guest post by the Gold Queen? Is it Marcko's pet guide or the Gold Queens?

  12. It is The Gold Queen's Pet Guide.

  13. This comment has been removed by the author.
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.
  15. Part 1
    I want to thank Markco for the honour and opportunity to guest post for JMTC readers with his suggested topic of the tranquil mechanical yeti. I'm glad that I stirred some memories and gave a reminder about how easy it is to craft the Tranquil Mechanical Yeti, and how much gold you can make with the pet. I was very excited to research and write the post for him.

    Here are even more sites, in addition to the ones mentioned, where you can learn more about pets and about how to make gold from them.

    http://www.fly-by-night.net/wow/ Michelle Derum's pets site (lovely graphics)
    http://anaalius.com/2011/06/gold-engineering-pets/ A brief guide to Engineering pets by Anaalius
    A google search for warcraft pets brings "About 19,400,000 results". Knock yourself out if you have a lifetime to spare!

    It is absolutely brilliant that readers and players are spoiled for choice on which place they can read opinions and articles about different ways of making gold. I think that the more that players know, the better. That's the reason I started my blog in the first place. That, and I was getting tired of re-typing the same answers to questions from players ingame who wanted my help.

    Readers of JMTC are very lucky to be able to read daily tips for free on making gold in world of warcraft. I expect many JMTC readers already know how to "flip", or resell items for a higher price on the auction house. Would you be surprised to know how many players don't know how to do this? I coached a player how to flip items only 3 days ago. He's making gold now, and looking forward to buying epic flying on his DK alt. Never forget where you came from.

    With regards to your "open letter", Adam, I'm disappointed to hear that you have more respect for someone who is publicly abusive than those who email privately and respectfully and refuse to engage in public bickering. I'm also disappointed that you have chosen to attack my product when you not actually know what it is. If you think I did not go through the game and personally visit the pet vendors myself, then you must have missed my YouTube movie at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-QFXYhGEuE where I show exactly that.

    Yes, I can categorically and 100% proclaim that my guide is NOT plagarised from warcraftpets.com or anywhere else, and that there is unique and never before seen information within the mini guide. I own the intellectual property and copyright to the guide.

    I know that many players have considered the idea of selling pets and heard lots of tips about how to buy them or how to sell them. 19 million google results, can't be wrong. However, never before has all this information been available in a miniguide for the cost of a cup of coffee. No other mini-guide teaches you how to find, farm, buy, store, and sell companion pets. Selling companion pets like the yeti, can be a profitable and quick side-business to add to your other AH activities and professions. I know how to do this and if you don't, I can show you. [If you do already know, that's excellent, come and chat to my readers who want to know! ]

    Saying that you should not quote, discuss, or enlarge on information already available is as stupid as saying "you can sow your own wheat in the garden, so all bread bakers are scammers". Now, there are instances within the guide where further and deeper information can be found at warcraftpets.com and it is cited and referenced legally, as is the information that can be found at wowhead.com. Both are genuine and very useful sources of information. I've loved both sites since I found them many moons ago. Neither of them are my pet selling guide.

    I have sent you, Adam, a free personal copy of my miniguide (its about 5,000 words) so we can speak about this on email. As you've noticed, I do not engage in public mudslinging. I offer one chance to be involved in civilised conversation, any further bs will be met with eye rolling and DNFTT.

  16. Part 2 (apparently blogger messed up the comments?)
    When I started blogging about Gold making in Azeroth, I was excited to learn that the community of bloggers was supportive, but its attacks like this that could tear this community apart, and that will be a tragedy for bloggers and readers alike. Markco has already warned about this drama loving behaviour here http://www.justmytwocopper.org/2011/06/5-reasons-markco-quit-wow.html and elsewhere. You do a disservice to readers when you indulge in dramatics, which is another reason I do not get involved in "expose"s such as http://www.justmytwocopper.org/2011/06/mysterious-fortune-card-guide-exposed.html

    I will continue to write posts, guides that solve problems, and offer free information, because what we all want at the end of the day is a better WoW, a richer WoW, and more opportunities and choices in the game.

    And a swift spectral tiger mount.

  17. I think that while it's a "disservice to readers" to cause drama, it's also a disservice to readers to encourage them to buy information that is so readily available (see 19mil google results). This blogging community isn't going to fall apart from just drama, it's from the dishonesty and decline in interesting or important information. I think you'll see that Adam discontinued his blog for this same reason- there's too many people posting the same old sh*t.
    The blogs content are deteriorating, and that's what's killing the blogging community here.

    Just sayin'.

  18. I respect members of the community who work to help others learn how to make gold. You're a great example of that Gold Queen. Keep it up.

    If you find you've got people trying to knock you down just know you're doing something right.

    People who add nothing of worth to the community will fade away while those who actually care about the community will keep working together to help everyone learn to make gold in World of Warcraft.

  19. No More Drama said... June 13, 2011 at 3:28 PM

    *cheers* @thegoldqueen. People buy levelling guides because they don't want to have to sift through all the stuff on the net to find the quickest possible way to level and maybe they have the money to spare. If they want to buy a pet guide then go for it, anyone who would be at the point of buying a pet guide would know that the information is out there already if they want to find it. It's just like the people who want their stuff NOW on the AH, those same people that make us gold in game. They know they can go and farm the stuff but they choose not to. Saves time and gives them what they want, when they want it. Instant gratification. Gold blogging community turning on itself and will surely explode!

  20. @no more drama. I agree with you about the one stop shop for information. Having read the guide cover to cover-now twice-I became aware that all that I read within it was already available in one central location and that was arcraftpets.com.

    Essentially what I have done is give you all a testimonial, just like what is on her own site. Only mine is not one of praise like she posts as a sales pitch. So here is my testimonial as a reader of her guide. Having been given a free copy of her guide, even though I was allowed by a friend to read it prior I am now allowed to give a consumers opinion of her guide and as a consumer my belief is that the information in her guide can be found free at warcraftpets.com.

    I haven't tried to sabotoge her guide by saying what is in it. All I've said is that the information she provides is already free and in one location at warcraftpets.com.

    What I have doneis no different than if someone told you there was a free private server to play world of warcraft as an alternative to paying a subscription.

    @dicci is 100% correct as to why I've stopped blogging. That in adition to othr reasons mostly devoting time to our podcast.

    So if telling people to go to a website as a free alternative to paying for it is wrong then ok I'm wrong. Its one thingif I told them a torrent site to get her guide is an entire different thing to point them to an already free website of which she references in her guide. I have in fact apologized to her for my accusation of not referencing warcraftpets.com. in my first read throug her guide in april I missed that page.

    So for my official apology on JMTC I am sorry GQ for accusing you of not referencing warcraftpets.com--you clearly did.

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide