Revenge of club DOH!!!


No one is perfect.   It's the nature of the beast to make mistakes.   When I first started playing Warcraft I knew nothing about stats,  about how to play my class.  My first dungeon included tanking with a two handed weapon.   After we finished the dungeon Blackfathom Deeps,  one of the players talked to me and suggested I pick up a shield if I was going to tank.

So was the not so awesome start to my playing career.   Thankfully through the years I have played,  I have had more success than failure.  But every so often when my head gets a little to big,  a reality check of mine bounces.

I was working on leveling another toon to prep for Mists of Pandaria.  Doing Hyjal quests for the 7th time caused my mind to be on autopilot.  This was one of my herbalist so I would drop down from time to time and pick some herbs for long term storage.  Looking at my bar I noticed that I was not rising in skill.   Assuming I had maxxed the profession previously I continued to run around,  finish quests and pick herbs.   Then for some reason I decided to go ahead and look at my profession list to see where I was.   Behold my depths of dumb arrived,  My skill level in Herbalism was still at 425.  I had forgotten to train to the next level.

Feeling sheepish (bahh) I jetted into town,  trained and then decided that I had embarrassed myself for the night enough.  So why am I sharing my tale of Doh today?   Just as it's important for the big strategies,  looking for the big rewards as we continue to Azeroth and beyond.   Do not forget the little things as well.  Training can be just as important as scanning the Auction House for your latest buy.

Small details ignored can cost a Gold Goblin time,  and even gold.   Someone making a trade might slip the wrong amount of gold in a transaction.  Or even the unscrupulous trader might try to sell you an item,  then just as the trade goes through slip a similar item in replacement (the icon being the same but definitely different quality).   You end up losing your money,  and the thief continues on his merry way.

The Devil is in the details.   Now,  I need to go pick some herbs to make up for lost time.

Good Luck and Good Hunting



Want to get in contact with me? . Email me at Dragonbearjoe @ gmail. dOT com or find me on twitter at "@JMTCMommar" or leave a comment here. You can find me hanging out on the Shandris Server, chat me up and I will buy you a glass of juice. 

Previous Entries

The Secret For Investing for MOP
I know what the Rock is cooking (in PVP Gear)
How Much Effect Do Bloggers Have?
The Death and Life of Truegold
Time vs Gold Investment
Return to your Essence
Harmony - We Don't Need Harmony
MOP Prep:  Get to the Points
MOP Prep:   Zero Balance Investment
Jewelcrafting dailies or something
Its All Attitude



0 comments: on "Revenge of club DOH!!!"

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide