Two accounts... Twice the Profit???


Mommar Here.

When I started playing World of Warcraft I was in awe of everything I saw.   Players that could get high damage in raids.   Players who could be on the top of the charts with PVP.   Gladiator titles and epic weapons.

But what put me in awe the most were the legends of players having multiple accounts.  2, 3 even the dreaded 5 box dancing Moonkin (epic funny).   But I never saw that I would need that many accounts. As I progressed in making characters,  and maxxing out their professions.  Discovering new ways of adding to my goblin fortune.  I started filling the 10 slots I had per server rather quickly.  8 leveling toons and 2 banking toons parked in different areas had me wondering whether it was time to take the plunge and pay for a second account.

There are many benefits to having two accounts.  Besides allowing you to have multiple characters from both Horde and Alliance,  it makes sending items across the joint auction house less of a hassle.  If you have a quick enough computer you can just have two versions of Warcraft open and flip between the two.   On busy servers this can become very lucrative.

Then I looked at the downside.  It was an extra 15 dollars from my account.  And if I needed another slot for characters I could open up on another server.  The challenge of making another fortune on another server was very tempting.    Now some gold goblins will swear that to be in the big leagues you must have multiple accounts.   That the markets become wide open if you are able to swap materials across the great divide of factions.  

But in the end i wasn't willing to sacrifice more time to build,  level,  craft just for a few more handfuls of gold (yes,  I know very ungoblin like).   So what was I to do to get items across the auction house?

This is where I made a deal with a friend.  They wanted gold and I wanted materials to sell to the bad guys (yes,  I'm horde all the way).   So working out a deal for 10% of my profits,  we worked out a system to get items to the Alliance.   It's been lucrative all the way.  Items that were available only for the Horde were sold on the alliance AH in a heartbeat.   All in demand and all being sold at a very large markup.  Nothing like relieving the Alliance of some of their gold.

Spending some time on Theunderminejournal.com  I could get a quick idea of what would sell quickly for a large profit.   Later when Blizzard introduced Free to play accounts I grabbed a quick account,  ran a toon to org as my AH spy.   Where I couldn't sell anything with that toon,  I could get a good idea of what to transfer later on in the day.

Does this mean that I think having multiple accounts is a bad thing?  Not at all.  Everyone has the choice on their playstyle.   It can be lucrative to have multiple playing accounts on multiple toons.   It gives a different flavor to the game,  and allows you more flexibility.   But I do not think that it's something that you have to have to be top in the Gold Game.

10 slots full of production can make a lot of gold.   Try it,  you might like it.

Good Luck and Good Hunting

Previous Entries

Thanks Uncle Scrooge McBlizzard
Goblins, Pandas and Blood Elfs O My
MOP Prep:   Prepping the Farmer
MOP Prep:  Get to the Points
MOP Prep:  Reduction in Inventory
MOP Prep: Stuff to Gold,  Gold to Stuff
MOP Prep: Setting the Lineup
MOP Prep: Setting up the Cartel
MOP Prep:   Zero Balance Investment
The Secret For Investing for MOP
I know what the Rock is cooking (in PVP Gear)
How Much Effect Do Bloggers Have?
The Death and Life of Truegold
Time vs Gold Investment
Return to your Essence
Harmony - We Don't Need Harmony
Jewelcrafting dailies or something
Its All Attitude
It's the Little Things
The Doh Club
Psychology of Selling
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: on "Two accounts... Twice the Profit???"

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide