MOP Prep: Zero Balance Investment


Markets for items on World of Warcraft fluctuate depending on multiple variables.   Players questing wanting better equipment.  Players raiding wanting the best in slot items.   Vanity items for those that like to stroll around major cities getting looked at.  Even players who look for the best in transmogrify to get that awesome look.

But as an expansion starts to show it's age,  items start to lose their luster and become more and more difficult to sell.  This isn't a new concept since I have been saying this for a little bit now in these pages.  Players dumping inventory that they do not feel will sell at exorbitant prices.   Auction hunters looking to get as much gold recouped out of items they invested in.

As I was buying multiple stacks of Elementium Ore for a good price on my main server last night,  i was mentally taking inventory of what could be done with them.   I could take the ore and prospect it,   saving some of the gems back and producing materials for disenchantment (Obsidium/Elementium Shuffle 101).   Other options were to send these items to my miner to manufacture bars and sell at a premium.  Even the option of storing these back to sell at a later date (yes it was that good of a deal per stack).

So what was my gold goblin mind to do?    These truly is the mental battle that has to be done every time I invest in a commodity.   One of my main goals for long term storage is to make sure that I have a zero balance in all my investment.

Now how does zero balance investment work you might ask?  It's very simple.   Lets say I buy 100 carnelian gems for resell later on at 12g a piece.  My investment is 1200g.   I take 39 of those and convert them into Carnelian Spikes.   This gives me 13 Carnelian Spikes that I can sell on the open market,  or send to my disenchanter for conversion and selling on the market.  The proceeds of the sales can easily recoup my investment of the initial 1200g (also including the cost of the Jeweler's Setting).   This sets me having 61 carnelian gems that I have a zero investment in.   Sometimes these numbers have to be adjusted depending on the market but the principles still remain the same.

Also all of your raw materials can be converted in the same way.  A tailor investing in Netherweave Cloth will craft Netherweave Bags with some of the investment to cover the cost of the initial investment.   Where this activity will not work with all investments,  it can be applied to many items including off hand items and even item turn ins.  The usage of this is only limited by your base knowledge of products that are selling,  and the professions that you currently have.

Expand on these Zero Balance concepts to place more gold into your pocket and more opportunities in your future.

Good Luck and Good Hunting


Past Entries

Slow and Steady
Behold the Reputation Rush
Never Play Poker with Orcs
Monday Morning Blues
Jewelcrafting dailies or something
Out of the Market Too Early????
Welcome to the Cult
Born to be Mild
Its a Date




Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: on "MOP Prep: Zero Balance Investment"

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide