Is it worth it?


Mommar here

Usually I'm one of those guys that stands in front of the local store selling a game with a "release party",  freezing (or sweating depending on the weather) wanting to be one of the first to start playing.  The last release party I attended (Cataclysm) was underwhelming to say the least.   Little streamers,  no real incentives to arrive at 11pm to pick up a copy.  No giveaways etc.

So this year I decided to pre order my copy of Mists of Pandaria directly from the gang at Blizzard.   The big decision was would I pay the 39.95 for the regular version or fork over the extra 20 bucks for the extended super duper version.   I went ahead and spent the 59.95 for the Digital Deluxe Edition.

There were four main addons with the DDE that were exclusive to buying the Deluxe version

-  Imperial Quilen Mount


Lucky Quilen Cub

Two Exclusive Starcraft II portraits
Exclusive Diablo III Banner sigil


Where the last two are interesting little nicknacks.   Your basically paying 10 dollars a piece extra for the pet and the mount.   About the same cost as you would if it's purchased through Blizzard.

The physical collectors edition has a lot more addons (Disc of Art,  Exclusive map,  Guide etc) but these are going for 79.99 (Target) or higher depending on where you buy them from.   For some the extra 10 dollars will be worth the cost for epic points of saying they bought the collectors edition.  Others will just be happy with the exclusive mount and pet.

This being my first purchase of anything above the standard edition the value for the pets and mount is interesting.   Being a pet collector and a mount collector (ask me sometimes how long it took me to get the Raven Mount) the two items are a decent enjoyable investment.   Many games are going towards an early access for pre-orders and early purchases.   Star Wars online as well as others gave a week early to players to start in the world,  then allowing regular players to enter.   Where there is an advantage to the players able to pay more money,  it brought in a lot more money into Blizzards coffers.

Still to me it was worth the extra 20 dollars to purchase the Deluxe Digital copy now,  and let it preload.  I'm excited about this expansion pack,  the new classes look interesting and the pet battles look like they could be a lot of fun.

Good Luck and Good Hunting


Want to get in contact with me? . Email me at Dragonbearjoe @ gmail. dOT com or find me on twitter at "@JMTCMommar" You can find me hanging out on the Shandris Server, chat me up and I will buy you a glass of juice. 

Previous Entries 

MOP Prep:   Enchanters Pt 1
MOP Prep:  Enchanters Part Deux
MOP Prep: What to save for the Pandas Pt 1
MOP:  Powerleveling Leatherworking in the Vale
MOP Prep:   Prepping the Farmer
MOP Prep:  Get to the Points
MOP Prep:  Reduction in Inventory
MOP Prep: Stuff to Gold,  Gold to Stuff
MOP Prep: Setting the Lineup
MOP Prep: Setting up the Cartel
MOP Prep:   Zero Balance Investment


Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: on "Is it worth it?"

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide