It's not the size of the equipment


Mommar here:

I've been keeping readers up to date on my leveling experience with my new goblin shaman.   It's been a different leveling experience with all the changes that occurred with the new patches.  

Having just hit 45 (I'm not devoting as much time to her as I could) it's amazing just how quickly she is growing up in the world.  Which brings me to something interesting I've discovered.

This is my first time I've leveled a character with three pieces of BOA gear.  Now many players before have leveled their toon under the old experience totals.  The latest patch brought a significant lowering of the necessary points for each level.   It has both a good effect and bad effect on gold making.

One of the best ways that there has been to make gold is to level toons.  Running through quests at breakneck speed and cashing in both quest rewards,  and the random BOE items that drop can score a nice size gold profit in any goblin's pocket.   But the one effect of heirloom gear I am finding for myself is that I don't end up staying in a zone all that long.   This limits the required 'grinding' on mobs in the area that increase the drops of BOE gear for resell or disenchanting.

Also affected is the gathering of materials.  Finding myself having to backtrack in areas to get my gathering professions up (I choose Herbalism and Mining) can slow down the leveling.   The knowledge that I will ultimately drop both of these professions to replace them with others has caused me to rethink my plan.   

There have been many gold goblins that have challenged themselves to start at zero with a character and let them earn their own keep.   This can be daunting mentally at times because you get used to being able to buy anything you want.   Going to the Auction House and drooling over all the Blue items that could be yours if you weren't staying on track with your own personal challenges.

Ultimately earning money with questing will catch up with the leveling experience as well.  I'm sitting on 510g plus a lot of materials for processing on the Auction House.  Once I reach Burning Crusade content where the gold takes a significant jump I should be well off in my expectations.

Do not forget.  6 more days and then the pandas arrive.  So everyone get your boots and hats and your
panda dances ready.   But save the Jack Black imitations.   

Good luck and Good Leveling


Want to get in contact with me? . Email me at Dragonbearjoe @ gmail. dOT com or find me on twitter at "@JMTCMommar" You can find me hanging out on the Shandris Server, chat me up and I will buy you a glass of juice. 

Previous Entries

It's fun to say Arrrrrghh
Zombie Auctioning
The Tripping of Theramore
You want to do WHAT????
KFC Ain't Got Nothing On Me
BMAH Blues
I am No Dunce
Hype Hype Hype
No Shirt No Service
Too Much Stuff
MOP Prep:  PokeWOW Part 1
MOP Prep: PokeWOW Part 2
MOP Prep:   Enchanters Pt 1
MOP Prep:  Enchanters Part Deux
MOP Prep: What to save for the Pandas Pt 1
MOP:  Powerleveling Leatherworking in the Vale
MOP Prep:   Prepping the Farmer
MOP Prep:  Get to the Points
MOP Prep:  Reduction in Inventory
MOP Prep: Stuff to Gold,  Gold to Stuff
MOP Prep: Setting the Lineup
MOP Prep: Setting up the Cartel
MOP Prep:   Zero Balance Investment



Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: on "It's not the size of the equipment "

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide