First Day In Pandaland


Mommar checking in.

My first day at sitting to play Mists of Pandaria was definitely interesting.  

I started the day early by looking for cheap flips of Ghost Iron Ore and Bars that netted me a few hundred gold.   Surprisingly the ore wasn't as expensive as I had expected.   Remembering that during
the start of the Cataclysm expansion Ore got up to 400g a stack.  

After that I let my Jewelcrafter get started.   I had wanted to get her up and going as early as possible to help generate a good base-line profit.  Gems were already starting to kick into high gear with a lot more of the Perfect cuts being available on a much more regular basis.  After Prospecting about 20 stacks I leveled my Jewelcrafting profession,   posted up to sell the items and then moved on to my next stop.

My next profession was going to be Inscription.   Having already heard bad things already about inscription being depressed again I wasn't looking forward to this.  I trained and picked up some inexpensive Mists of Pandaria herbs on the auction house.   After crafting a few of the new mid level shoulder enchants and one Spirit of Harmony (it is on a midnight timer) I ended up learning a new glyph.   Glyph of Incite ends up being a mid level Warrior glyph but it was obvious that the glyph learning system was not bugged.   After posting up my crafts I moved to my third profession target.

My third target profession was going to be my Blacksmith.   I was concerned this one might hurt because of the expected target costs.  Normally if ore costs x then I'd expected to pay x times 2 or
higher for bars.  Having a miner I was all ready to shoot some ore down to her and have her make bars.  Low and behold Ghost Iron Bars were running at half the cost of the Ore itself.  I jumped on this deal and started to level my Blacksmith.   This is when I found out that the Anvil in Dalaran was bugged (in fact all of them are bugged).  You could learn most of the professions in Dalaran (Engineering wasn't available) but with the Anvil not working I had to port all the way to Orgrimmar.

So after getting 55 points from crafting on my Blacksmith I ended up posting up those items for sale (no one had posted any so I shot the moon when it came to pricing).    That's when I decided to start working on battle pet leveling.


After training just Northeast of the flying area (in Orgrimmar) I went out for my first pet conquest.  I figured just outside of Orgrimmar was the best bet.  Whoops,  that was a bad mistake.  I think I ran into the rabbit from Monte Python.   The Rabbit whopped up on my companion Willy a couple of times til I realized I needed to rethink this strategy.

After taking him into Ogrimmar and beating on some Dung Beetles til he had leveled,  I unlocked all three of my pet battle slots and did about 20 to 25 minutes of pet battles.    Earlier I had seen many pets that had been listed (common ones were going for very inexpensive.).  All of these pets were level One pets.   I was going to test a theory to see just how much someone would want to pay for a pet that was Level 5.  

After running around and collecting a few new pets (Spiny Lizard,  Dung Beetle and Rabbit) I decided it was time to get busy leveling.   I had debated furiously on who would be the first to go.  Deciding just today that it would be my Enchanter,  I started the beginning quest to get over to Pandaria.  One note,   The cataclysm expansion started with a boat ride to go to the water area.  When you're looking for the boat to go to Pandaria,  it's a blimp.  For some reason much to my chagrin it took me 5 minutes to figure this out and find it in the area.  Not my most shining moment (Yes Mommar does sometimes forget to read the quest text).

After going through the first 2 boat quests and then shimmying down the rope I looked at where I was at.   There were mobs everywhere.   Where there are mobs there are farming opportunities.   When you first start you are right in the middle of Allied soldiers.  I spent about 30 minutes farming on these mobs for cloth.  Walked out with about a stack and a half of Windwool Cloth.   The disappointing part was that other than the first quest that scored me a very nice new Staff.  The other quests were only for XP and gold.   One of the major reasons I wanted to get my enchanter going first was to DE the starter equipment for materials.  This surprised me since every other expansion had outfitted you with the new gear within the first 15 quests.  

I ended up my questing day on one of the town outskirts ready to pick up where I left off.   This area is full of minerals and mobs to be able to farm cloth and herbs and ore.  I could now see why the prices had not skyrocketed yet.   This weekend will change that as more casual players will end up logging on to play.

With my next session I will bring in my second wave of levelers to get started.  Including my Miner/Skinner to get my Leatherworker working as well.   With how Jewelcrafting is being set up the Jewelcrafting shuffle looks to be different than before.  It's highly possible that Disenchanting will occur from the Blacksmith and Leatherworking professions similar to what has occurred before with the neck pieces and rings of Jewelcrafting during previous expansions.   Having a wait and see attitude will be beneficial.

Hopefully tomorrow will be productive and some of the secrets of Pandaria will be unlocked.

Good Luck and Good Leveling


Want to get in contact with me? . Email me at Dragonbearjoe @ gmail. dOT com or find me on twitter at "@JMTCMommar" You can find me hanging out on the Shandris Server, chat me up and I will buy you a glass of juice. 

Previous Entries

The First 48
The Gospel of Goblin: MOP Edition
MOP Prep:  Last Minute Shopping
O Be Careful Litle Goblin What You Buy
The End of Warcraft? Whats Next?
Not So Bottomless Bag of Holding
MOP Prep:  PokeWOW Part 1
MOP Prep: PokeWOW Part 2
MOP Prep:   Enchanters Pt 1
MOP Prep:  Enchanters Part Deux
MOP Prep: What to save for the Pandas Pt 1
MOP:  Powerleveling Leatherworking in the Vale
MOP Prep:   Prepping the Farmer
MOP Prep:  Get to the Points
MOP Prep:  Reduction in Inventory
MOP Prep: Stuff to Gold,  Gold to Stuff
MOP Prep: Setting the Lineup
MOP Prep: Setting up the Cartel
MOP Prep:   Zero Balance Investment







Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: on "First Day In Pandaland"

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide