You want to do WHAT????

Mommar has arrived..  With cookies (okay,  I'm really working on a different intro here).

Goals are important in everything you do.   From everyday life to your World of Warcraft playing career.   Setting goals to obtain can be a driving force in your success.

One of the questions I consistently receive is 'how do I make gold'.   My response is always 'How much to you want to make?'.  Without a definitive goal in mind,  you end up floundering in the wind of frustration and failure.

1.  Set daily goals

When I started writing my book,   my attention was just the idea of sitting down and writing.  This worked for a time for me.  But the daily grind of life interfering got to me.  I found one day I would write one page,  and other days I would write 25 pages.   There was no consistency in my writing because there was no rhyme or reason on what production would be done.

In the World of Warcraft gold making,  500,000 is a nice round number.  Most players would be dancing in the streets to make 500,000 gold as they play.   Did you know that 500,000 gold only translates to a little under 1400g a day?    Setting a goal and telling yourself that you want to make 1400g a day becomes a lot more obtainable than just saying I want 500,000g by next summer.

2.  Know your skills

I will fully admit I am not the greatest writer in the world.   I have left some stinkers when it comes to entries here.  But there are items that I am proud of having written.  The one thing I know is that the only person with my viewpoint is myself.  And the only person with the combination of your time and your abilities is yourself.   Players may compete with you in certain professions.  But ultimately they cannot be on at the same time you are,  or have the same skill set of thoughts you bring to the table.  You are a unique gold goblin who chooses your own destiny.  If you're a grinder when it comes to gold, then you can make gold.  If you are a great flipper who can spot deals in a heartbeat,  then you should pursue that.  Perhaps you are the best barker in trade chat with a golden virtual tongue.  Bring that strength to what you do.   Your skills are what makes you successful.

3.  You only fail at your goals if you give up.

You are fully capable of doing anything you set your mind too.  But sometimes your goals aren't always successful.  The beauty of having a goal is that you can continue it on.   A famous wrestler has set himself up to climb to 7 greatest mountains of all time.   He has trained and taken them one step at a time.  Even through injuries he works at his goals,  and knows he will succeed.  Maybe not on the time frame originally planned,  but he will succeed ultimately.

4.  Set your own goals,  don't let others set them for you.

Players both in World of Warcraft and in the real world try to set goals for others.   They say your not successful unless you reach a certain dps.  Your not successful if you don't have a certain amount of gold in your bank.  Your not successful unless you have a porche in your driveway and a redhead on your arm.   The beauty of goals and success is that you set them for yourself.   And that success in your own life is what you build to have stronger and higher goals.   When I started playing warcraft I was excited beyond belief when I made my first 10,000g.  After that I was excited when I hit 50,000g.  I again was excited when I hit 100,000g.   Every goal I set for myself I was excited about.  Not because it made me BGOC (Big Goblin On Campus).  It made me successful to myself.   And ultimately that's who I measured my success on.

Daily goals in World of Warcraft become as important as breathing.   And setting your goals will drive   
you to success not just in your Warcraft career,  but in your daily life.

Good Luck and Good Hunting


Want to get in contact with me? . Email me at Dragonbearjoe @ gmail. dOT com or find me on twitter at "@JMTCMommar" You can find me hanging out on the Shandris Server, chat me up and I will buy you a glass of juice. 

Previous Entries

KFC Ain't Got Nothing On Me
BMAH Blues
I am No Dunce
Hype Hype Hype
No Shirt No Service
Too Much Stuff
MOP Prep:  PokeWOW Part 1
MOP Prep: PokeWOW Part 2
MOP Prep:   Enchanters Pt 1
MOP Prep:  Enchanters Part Deux
MOP Prep: What to save for the Pandas Pt 1
MOP:  Powerleveling Leatherworking in the Vale
MOP Prep:   Prepping the Farmer
MOP Prep:  Get to the Points
MOP Prep:  Reduction in Inventory
MOP Prep: Stuff to Gold,  Gold to Stuff
MOP Prep: Setting the Lineup
MOP Prep: Setting up the Cartel
MOP Prep:   Zero Balance Investment



Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: on "You want to do WHAT????"

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide